BMW Motorcycles 2008 2007-11-14 - New R1200GS & Adv., F650GS, F800GS, G450X
An overview of the new BMW R 1200 GS
Find the accessories for your BMW R1200GS
here in the Hornig Shop.
* Even more dynamic drive with more pep in the upper half of the rev range.
* Engine power increased by five percent
* Maximum engine speed increased to 8,000 rpm with a wider usable speed range
* Different gear and secondary transmission ratios for a clear improvement in traction and acceleration
* Redesigned six-gear transmission with enlarged bearing diameters and optimised switching kinematics for even more precise gear shifting
* Electronic chassis modification from the optional enduro ESA, used for the first time in an enduro. Further increase in agility, suitability for touring and off-road use through individual spring-suspension coordination
* Electrohydraulic spring adjustment of the spring struts at front and rear as part of the enduro ESA
* Optimised ergonomics through new, double-butted aluminium handlebar in combination with new hand protectors and newly designed seat
* Fuel display with expanded measurement range and new sensor system
* Optimised battery charging for higher generator performance
* More dynamic design emphasising the enduro attributes
* Colours available: Titanium Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Metallic Matt, plain Namibia Orange, plain Tanzanite blue
* Special equipment and tailor-made accessories in accordance with familiar BMW standards.
A summary of the main features of the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
Find the accessories for your BMW R1200GS Adventure
here in the Hornig online Store.
* Even more dynamic drive and improved traction.
* Reworked transmission and short first gear (if required).
* Even more universal use through optional Enduro ESA.
* Reworked design emphasising the off-road and world travel character.
* Perfect, tried and tested series equipment for extreme tours.
* Colour options: Magnesium metallic matt, plain red.
* Special equipment and tailor-made accessories in accordance with
familiar BMW standards.BMW F650GS and F800GS
Find the accessory for your BMW F650GS twin and F800GS
here in the Hornig Shop.
Concept, claim and characteristics
With two completely new enduro models, the F 800 GS and F 650 GS, BMW Motorrad is not just expanding its range of products but also presenting a worthy successor to the successful single-cylinder F 650 GS.
The F 800 GS combines road and touring capabilities with superior off-road characteristics. It thus performs on both terrains in a way that has never before been achieved in its class. BMW Motorrad has positioned the versatile travel enduro at an attractive price, thus adding a real asset to the market.
The new F 650 GS differs from its higher capacity variant by featuring a lower seat height, lower weight and slightly reduced engine power. It is ideal for newcomers to the genre or as a sturdy all-round motorcycle for all purposes. Compared with its single-cylinder predecessor, the new F 650 GS is an improvement in every area. Despite its designation, which usually refers to the engine size, the F 650 GS has the same 800cc twin-cylinder engine as the F 800 GS. With slightly reduced engine power (71 instead of 85HP) the focus for the F 650 GS is on high torque at lower engine speeds coupled with excellent economy. Despite this it delivers over 20HP more power than its predecessor. The 800cc (sic) F 650 GS guarantees riding pleasure no matter where it goes.BMW G450X
Concept, requirements and features
During the last 80 years BMW Motorrad has made off-road history time and time again. The marque is now more closely involved in off-road sport than ever and is launching an uncompromising, sport enduro for the attractive 450cc class.
To corroborate the machineâ€™s extremely sporty enduro qualities, BMW Motorradâ€™s works racing team has already taken part in different enduro sports during the test phase of the G 450 X. The team will continue racing it in the Enduro World Championship of the E2 class and/or the German Cross Country Championship (GCC).
The worldwide market introduction of the BMW G 450 X is scheduled for the middle of 2008. Back to news