The BMW F800GT 2012-11-21 - New model in the BMW F-series
The BMW F800ST makes way for the new BMW F800GT
. The sport touring bike with the water-cooled two-cylinder in-line engine whets the appetite for great tours and journeys.
The BMW F800GT has the same engine displacement with 798ccm like the ST, but a plus of 5 hp with a power of 66 kW (90 bhp) at 8,000 rpm. The secondary drive is driven by a toothed belt and is maintenance-free.
Visually modifications are recognizable in the full-fairing, which provides a better protection against wind and weather. Also the weight of the load capacity has been changed. Now 11 kg more are possible than at the F800ST, therefore 207 kg in all. The suspensions have been redesigned and the F800GT has a shorter range of spring. The rear spring mount is easy and quick adaptable with a hand wheel.
Comfort exists in every case in this BMW model. Beside an increased position of the vibration-free, double-butted aluminium handlebar and new positioned footrests are three different seat heights available. The cockpit is equipped with new dial faces and an optimized range of information. The wheels at the BMW F800GT are lighter and appear more dynamic.
Of course, the GT has also the serial BMW Motorrad 2-channel-ABS like all other new BMW models as from 2012/2013. Optional available are ASC and ESA. For the right sound and a weight reduction of 1,7 kg ensures the Akrapovic sport exhaust made of titanium and stainless steel, which can be choose as option ex works.
The BMW F 800 GT is available in the colours Valenciaorange metallic, Lightwhite uni and Darkgraphit metallic. The price is unknown at this time. The market introduction is probably in spring 2013.
All facts at a glance:
- water-cooled two-cylinder in-line engine with 798ccm engine displacement
- power: 66 kW (90 bhp) at 8,000 rpm - 5hp more than the F800ST
- modified full fairing with better protection against wind and weather
- more load capacity up to 207 kg
- optimized suspensions with better stability while driving
- hand wheel for better adaptation of the rear spring mount
- increased handlebar position
- vibration-free, double-butted aluminium handlebar
- new positioned footrests for more comfort
- seat in three different heights
- BMW Motorrad 2-channel-ABS
- new lighter wheels
- new handlebar switch panels and new brake fluid expansion tank in the front
- smoked grey lighters
- new dial faces in the cockpit and extended range of information
- colours: Valenciaorange metallic, Lightwhite uni, Darkgraphit metallic
optional accessories / options ex works:
- optimized luggage system
- Akrapovic sports exhaust made of titanium and stainless steel
- new connection of the BMW Motorrad Navigator IV on the handlebar clamp
- Power reduction to 35 kW (48 bhp) Back to news